Secondary Student Electrocuted While Swearing With Utility Pole’s Steel Rod
A SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT IN BENIN, THE EDO STATE CAPITAL, HAS DIED AFTER BEING ELECTROCUTED BY THE STEEL ROD ON AN ELECTRIC POLE.
A JSS3 student was on Thursday afternoon, electrocuted to death by the steel rod used to reinforce a utility pole.
According to multiple online reports, the utility pole had been hit by a vehicle, making the steel rods embedded in it to be exposed.
The young boy who is a student of Eyaen Secondary School, Benin, Edo State, was said to have been arguing with his colleagues who accused him wrongly.
It was gathered that they dared him to swear with any metallic object to prove his innocence.
Not knowing that the steel rods are electrified, he grabbed one in order to prove his innocence and was electrocuted immediately.